Julius L Patching Sports Official of the Year Award
Presented by the Victorian Olympic Council
This award is in recognition of the unprecedented and tireless contribution of Julius L Patching to the Victorian Olympic Council (VOC) and Olympic community. Judy was a voluntary Official from 1947 until his death in 2009. This award recognises the outstanding contribution that officials make to the fabric of the Olympic sporting community in Victoria.
This award is open to volunteer officials and administrators including but not limited to: secretaries, committee members, referees, umpires and judges who have demonstrated outstanding commitment to their sport.
Criteria for this award include level of contribution, longevity of service, impact to sport, demonstration of excellence, attitude and peer feedback. One nomination per State Sporting Association (SSA) will be accepted for consideration each year.
Nominated Officials must be:
- a registered member of their Olympic SSA and the Olympic SSA must be a financial member of the VOC.
- nominated by the SSAs Executive or Committee.
Paid employees and VOC Board Members cannot apply.
- Nomination Forms A & B must be submitted to the VOC office by no later than 24 March, 2017. Nominations for 2017 are now closed.
- This annual award will be presented at the VOC Annual General Meeting.
- Up to four finalists will be selected and will receive a certificate of recognition.
- The Selection Panel shall comprise representatives of the VOC Board and the President of the OCV.
- The decision of the Selection Panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Successful recipients will be notified by the VOC of the award presentation ceremony, which will be held annually at the VOC Annual General Meeting.
Nominations for 2017 close March 24, 2017.
Victorian Olympic Council
PO Box 2228
RICHMOND VIC 3121
Please contact the Victorian Olympic Council on 9427 0700 with any further queries.
 This award is designed to acknowledge an individual. However, in the case of two or more people jointly performing in a way that should be considered by the Selection Panel, the nomination will be valid.
Decisions are at the discretion of the Selection Panel and are final.
Bill Mildenhall receiving the JLP Sports Official of the Year Award from Colin Patching.
JLP Award Recipients
2015 Paul Pascoe (Yachting)
2015 Wendy Pullar (Diving)
2014 Bill Mildenhall (Basketball)
2013 Andrew Guerin (Rowing)
2013 Jim Williams (Hockey)
2012 Bill Bell (Sailing)
2011 Kevin Wilson (Sailing)
2011 Ross Wilson (Sailing)
2010 Barry Roycroft (Equestrian)
2010 Reg McKay (Rowing)
2009 Geoff Hare OAM (Swimming)
2008 Jim Sinclair (Wrestling)
2007 Richard Lawysz (Athletics)