London 2012 Lessons: Primary
Continue to learn about the nation that brought you the spectacular London 2012 Games!
In consultation with teachers and educational advisors the Australian Olympic Committee developed the London 2012 Olympic Resource that features over 60 primary cross-curriculum lesson plans and student handouts themed around the 2012 Olympic Games in London, England.
With the resource having a strong focus on the history, geography, culture and customs of the United Kingdom and England many of the lesson plans remain relevant post the London 2012 Games and can still be accessed below:
The online digital secondary student lessons can be found here>>>
The London 2012 Olympic Resource has a major focus on the United Kingdom and England including its history, geography, culture and customs.
The London 2012 Olympic Resource:
• features activities guided by the National Curriculum Profiles for the learning areas including English, Studies of Society and Environment, and Health and Physical Education, Mathematics, Science, Technology, Languages other than English, and the Arts
• meets educational goals related to values, literacy and numeracy, information and communication technologies (ICTs)
• promotes an active lifestyle
• is designed for teachers of Lower, Middle and Upper Primary classes
• features online interactive resources, such as audio and video clips
• is designed around the a.s.p.i.r.e. values—attitude, sportsmanship, pride, individual responsibility, respect and express yourself
• was developed in consultation with State and Territory Education and Olympic experts.
Lesson plans for the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games are in the development stages and will be available closer to the Games.